Review / Submit
Business License Online Application
What you need to know to get started.
1. Business licenses are renewed on a calendar-year basis.
2. Business start date is the first date your business started in the City.
3. Employee identification number is REQUIRED. A sole ownership may provide a social security number, drivers license number, or FEIN. An LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust, or Corporation is required to provide a FEIN for the business.
4. If the business is located in the City, you must also file a zoning application with the Planning Department. The application is available at the City’s website.
5. Payment will not be required until your application has been accepted. You will receive an email verifying the receipt of the application. Within 10 days an email will be sent containing the amount due and instructions on how to make payment on-line .
6. If you are a home-based business, please apply in person at 1500 Warburton Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95050
7. Regulated Businesses: Applicants for these business types must apply with the Police Department/Permits Unit before applying:
Itinerant merchants, Peddlers, Solicitors, Adult book stores, advertising benches, ambulance services, carnivals, circuses, detectives/private investigators, entertainment permits, escort services, pawnbrokers, seasonal lots, secondhand dealers, taxicabs, massage therapist/establishments and theaters.
Santa Clara Police Department/Permits Unit (408) 615-4867
We wish you much success in your business venture.
City of Santa Clara
Municipal Services Division - Business License Unit
1500 Warburton Ave Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone (408) 615-2310
Business Hours: Mon-Fri (8am - 5pm)