On November 8, 2022, Santa Clara voters passed Measure H to update the City’s Business License Tax program, effective July 1, 2023.
What the Business License Tax Update Program Does:
• Implements a flat rate business tax of $45 per employee per business and $15 per rental unit for landlords.
• Exempts businesses earning less than $5,000 per year from the tax upon proof of earnings.
• Limits annual adjustments to the consumer price index (CPI), with increases not to exceed 5%.
• Caps the maximum tax at $350,000, subject to the annual CPI adjustment.
• To help small businesses transition to the new tax structure, qualifying businesses with 49 employees or less will receive a one-time subsidy to reduce the impact in 2023/2024.
• Funds essential City services such as 911 response, safe and clean public streets and facilities and the continued delivery of high-quality parks, recreation, and library services.
In order to renew your Business Tax account you must have:
* A current Renewal Business Tax Affidavit
* An assigned 6 digit PIN.
Fire Fees are no longer collected with your business tax account. Please visit the Fire Portal to file and pay your Fire Permit renewal by clicking here.
All taxes and fees are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners. To read the full notice click here